- Students residing in Miami Dade in grades EIGHT through TWELVE attending public, charter, or private school.
- The stories must be written in English and/or Spanish.
- The stories will be a maximum length of 840 characters (a thread of 2 tweets). Only one text per author may be submitted.
- The winning stories will be published on the web pages of partnering/collaborating organizations (www.metamiami.org, www.catedravargasllosa.org, www.mdpls.org, and www.dadeschools.net) and other local media outlets.
- Highly qualified academic members of CVLL will organize to form the Award Jury.
- The period for receiving the stories will be from February 20th to March 31st, 2023. The winners will be announced in June 2023.
- Official contest entries are to be submitted via the form bellow.
- Participating stories must be unpublished and must not have been transferred to any other publisher.
- All entries must be received by March 31st.
TWEET YOUR STORY!
META Miami, fulfilling our mission of education through art proposes, in collaboration with Cátedra Vargas Llosa, to host a contest of micro-stories (maximum 840 characters executed in a thread of two tweets) written by students in Miami Dade County through submissions on their mobile or tablet device.
In order to successfully submit your Tweet, please fill out each section of this page and click send! Good luck, we look forward to reading each of your Miami Migration Tales!